Professional development series that will transform your language program:
- Rethinking How We Teach: Science Meets Classroom Practice
- Rethinking WHAT we Teach: Content-Based Storytelling (CBS)
- Step-by-Step CBS Teacher Training
- Building CBS Units and Curriculum Maps
Workshops Like No Other
Educator in Service workshops are unique. Jan’s innovative combination of strategies to teach interdisciplinary culture topics with brain-based learning principles is not found anywhere else. It’s time to rethink the world language curriculum to get beyond students talking about themselves and learning to become communicative tourists. It’s time to prepare them for the globalization age with knowledge about the world and skills for them to communicate in culturally diverse situations.
Teachers will learn how to:
- develop a world language curriculum of interdisciplinary culture topics neglected in the US education system: cultural comparisons, global geography, world history, biographies, international perspectives on current events, etc.
- reach all learners by applying the principles of how the brain acquires language
- accelerate language proficiency development by using interactive narratives
- conduct class in comprehensible target language, even with novice learners
- engage and motivate learners through active participation
- break free from the grammar-based syllabus used for the past 50+ years, and
- establish a language-acquisition rich environment that allows students to learn naturally